Lens District Gallery is fortunate to work with some very talented photographers who share my passion for Landscape Photography. Here's a bit of background about their photography:
Dave is a multi-award winning Landscape Photographer based in Staffordshire, close to the Peak District National Park.
“Over the last couple of years wide open spaces and breath taking scenery have become a passion of mine. I can now think of nothing better than arriving at a special location, to catch a glimpse of the new dawn, or watch the last of the days light disappear over the horizon. I hope and try to share the mood of the moment and reproduce it through a photograph.”
- Winner 'Classic View' - Landscape Photographer of the Year 2014
- Highly Commended: ‘Breathing Spaces’ - 8th International Garden Photographer of The Year
- Commended - Outdoor Photographer of the Year’ 2016
- Judges Choice Award - Landscape Photographer of the Year 2017
- Trees, Woods and Forests Winner - 11th International Garden Photographer of the Year competition
Billy is a talented local Landscape Photographer based right in here in the Lake District.
“I always had an interest in taking photographs and wanted to pursue it as a hobby to enable me to capture the amazing scenery we have to offer, but due to being heavily involved in playing and coaching football as well as a busy family life i never really had the time or energy to give it a serious try.
In April 2016 I took the plunge and bought my first DSLR camera and started my journey on the long road of learning that i know, will never end.
I was instantly bitten by the bug and ever since i picked the camera up i have completely immersed myself in anything and everything photographic, being instantly captivated and fascinated by photography. I love the fact that as soon as i learn something new there’s always going to be something else to learn, it’s a never ending learning curve, one which i look forward to sharing with you throughout my journey.”
Neil is a multi-award winning Fine Art Photographer from the south-west of England, known for his minimalist approach and strikingly stylish black and white work.
He won “Wex Photographer of the Year” for two years running (2016 - 2017) and also won the “Your View” Category in Landscape Photographer of the Year in 2017.
- Winner - Wex Photographic Photographer Of The Year 2017
- Winner - Wex Photographic Photographer Of The Year 2016
- 'Your View' Winner - Landscape Photographic Photographer Of The Year 2017
- Commended - Landscape Photographic Photographer Of The Year 2017
- Commended - SONY World Photographer Of The Year 2016
- 2 Commended images - Outdoor Photographer Of The Year 2016
- 7 Commended images - Monochrome Awards 2016
- 3 Commended images - Monochrome Awards 2015
Mike is a keen amateur photographer living in Windermere in the Lake District, and has been an increasingly keen landscape photographer since 2010 when he first purchased a DSLR.
In his free time he's always keen to get out at all hours in a bid to "chase the light" and capture the stunning scenery of the Lake District at its very best.
Mike has produced some fantastic imagery particularly from the South Lakes where he lives.